Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Wish I'd thought of it!

Did you know that you have the right to speak to a UK person when you call a company for a service or whatever?
I've done this when I simply couldn't understand the person talking to me.
But I never realised that this is a proactive way of bringing jobs back to the UK.
Do the following when you phone any customer service operation that is based in a foreign country. I have done this twice and it works!
Any time you call a company about a problem with a credit card, bank account, computer, product, etc and you are answered by a person in a call centre abroad, eg. in India, try this:
As soon as you realise that the customer service person is not in the UK (you can always ask if you are not sure about the accent), please very politely (very politely - this is not about trashing other cultures) say, "I'd like to speak to a customer service person in the United Kingdom."
The rep might suggest talking to his/her manager, but, again, politely say, "Thank you, but I'd like to speak to a customer service person in the UK."
YOU WILL BE IMMEDIATELY CONNECTED to a rep in the UK. It only takes a few seconds to have your call re-directed to the UK .
Tonight when I got redirected to a UK rep, I asked again to make sure - and yes, she was in Swansea.
Imagine if tomorrow, every UK citizen requests a UK rep, how that would impact the number of extra UK jobs needed.
Imagine what would happen if every UK citizen insisted on talking to only UK phone reps from this day on.
Remember - the goal is to restore jobs back here at home - not to be abrupt or rude to a foreigner.
If you agree, please tell 10 people you know and tell them to tell 10 people they know.

I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed. I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed.

Former archbishop George Carey backs assisted dying campaign after 'conversion'. EXCLUSIVE: Lord Carey said the Church of England, w...