Saturday, February 26, 2011

YP - nice one Beryl!

Not poverty but neglect

From: Beryl Williams, School Hill, Wakefield.

I READ recently how a nutritionist was trying to educate poor schoolchildren who had never seen a carrot and didn’t know what one looked like.

This state of affairs is usually blamed on poverty. But I wouldn’t mind betting that every single child knew what a cigarette looked like. This isn’t poverty, it is neglect. Cigarettes cost far more than carrots.

I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed. I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed.

Former archbishop George Carey backs assisted dying campaign after 'conversion'. EXCLUSIVE: Lord Carey said the Church of England, w...