Friday, June 20, 2008

Question Time.


Normally, I do not watch Question Time as it can make me so angry that my already poor sleep levels tend to plummet even further.








I caught up with last night's programme this morning as I wished to see if Nigel Farage would perform well - and he did.


David Davis, who is no great fan of the EU, but significantly will not sign up to the 'Better Off Out' campaign, was featured defending his recent decision to quit his Haltemprice seat without ever managing to convince that it was a worthy stand on a relatively minor issue in amongst the much greater wrongs being perpetrated by the political elite and the EU.








The reason I am writing on this topic is because the other three on the programme were the rather limp Hillary Benn, the appalling Jerry Springer and the usual, dippy Lib Dem - this particular version being a doe-eyed, young female.











The point is that whenever the talk ranged across EU issues, Davis and Farage simply put forward logical, factually-based arguments which you could only disagree with in regard to interpretation.


The other trio simply switched to generalities: allegedly noble concepts, perceived inevitabilities, distant paradises, pie-in-the-sky dreams and utopian outpourings.
They were lamentably short of facts, airily brushed aside references to democracy [apart from the Lib Dem who had the good grace to look a bit shifty at one point] and all three had eyes that gleamed and glistened in a quasi trance-like state, clearly reminiscent of some latter day Saint Teresa of Avila.







I almost feel guilty criticising these people on the grounds of their religious beliefs!













I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed. I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed.

Former archbishop George Carey backs assisted dying campaign after 'conversion'. EXCLUSIVE: Lord Carey said the Church of England, w...