Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Campaign for real Christmas cards.

My campaign for real Christmas cards moves into its third year. They are beginning to appear in shops.

Please do not buy rubbish like the two shown here. No Santas, pressies, reindeer, elves, holly, Yuletide Greetings, Merry Crimbo - no Dickensian scenes, snowmen and only the most tasteful of cartoons, please. Certainly no stupid jokes!
Please insist on buying cards which demonstrate that the season is about the birth of our Lord. I KNOW that they are not easy to find in shops - but please take the trouble and if enough people refuse the tat - things WILL change.

Tell Christian friends what you are doing and try to get local churches to back the campaign.
Get this one going and one day I may be able to start a campaign for a real Christmas!

I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed. I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed.

Former archbishop George Carey backs assisted dying campaign after 'conversion'. EXCLUSIVE: Lord Carey said the Church of England, w...