Sunday, September 28, 2008

Right or left?

I abhor the left and the hard right but I was recently referred to as being 'rightwing' and I had to stop and consider whether that was true or not. In the end, I had to decide that the answer was rather mixed.
I am part of what you might call the 'intellectual right' or in other words, 'centre right'.
To be called this is perfectly acceptable to me.
The problem arises when your main right of centre party takes a large sidestep leftwards.
It is a little bit like the comedy films where the sergeant major asks for a volunteer and as one, all the soldiers on parade take a calculated step backwards thus leaving some poor soul out on his own.
In these crazy political days - that is how I feel. Anybody who was and remains centre right now looks almost extreme because of the giant leap to centre left of all mainstream parties.
It is a very long time indeed since I was able to identify in any way at all with the conservative party.

Malaysia.

28 April 2024 – Malaysia The majority of those who embrace Christianity, display an overwhelming desire to be baptised. Please pray for them...