Thursday, March 20, 2008

Hoover.

It has become de rigueur to mock J. Edgar Hoover who was the boss of the FBI for many decades. I really do not know sufficient to make any informed comment about the man or his motives - but the one thing I do know is that the attacks on him bear all the customary hallmarks of one of the leftwing smear campaigns which have been systematically directed at any public figure perceived as being even slightly to the right of centre.


If it is true that he was a crossdresser - I repeat IF - then surely we reveal a remarkable double standard. That would not be 'allowed' as a criticism of anybody who is left of centre.


[I shall leave you to construct your own list of those who have been grossly attacked, vilified, defamed and deliberately misrepresented. The list will be lengthy.
Try to make a list of left of centre figures who have been subjected to more than the normal criticism directed at political figures. I can assure you the list will be considerably shorter.]



It was Hoover who remarked: "Justice is incidental to law and order."
That has certainly made me think!

I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed. I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed.

Former archbishop George Carey backs assisted dying campaign after 'conversion'. EXCLUSIVE: Lord Carey said the Church of England, w...