Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Currys are losing a customer!

Last week I bought a new memory stick for £5-99. It worked when it felt like it.
The jobs which I gave it to do which it refused, worked on other memory sticks.
My wife returned the piece of tat to Currys at Meadowhall complete with bill.

She was kept waiting. It was tested and declared 'working' so she was made to feel humiliated and left without the refund even after explaining that the fault was intermittent.
Under the 1979 Sale of Goods Act, if an item is 'not fit for purpose' a refund must be given. The fur will fly when I next go there! Refuse me and I shall make announcements of what has happened to all the customers present - and not sotto voce!
When they ask me to leave, I shall talk to customers entering the store which is my legal entitlement.
In November I spent nearly £500 at Currys - what bad management to lose a good customer over £5-99 - and illegally at that?
UPDATE LATER IN THE DAY: CURRYS CAPITULATED!

I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed. I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed.

Former archbishop George Carey backs assisted dying campaign after 'conversion'. EXCLUSIVE: Lord Carey said the Church of England, w...