Thursday, December 03, 2009

The LibLabCon.

I have seen it suggested in print that the term LibLabCon was actually first used to describe the coalition politics of World War Two.
(Whatever. Shrug.)
Whether the term has only just been coined or does have some history is of little consequence.
Never has it been more appropriate than now. Some people are clearly getting exited that there is the strong possibility of a change of government in the offing. Quite frankly - I just do not care a single jot. Largely the same policies - different faces implementing them.
30 years ago the politically ill-informed would make remarks such as "Ah well. They're all the same, you know" thus demonstrating a massive degree of political ignorance.

If the same person is expressing that opinion today, they may now be classed as 'insightful'.

I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed. I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed.

Former archbishop George Carey backs assisted dying campaign after 'conversion'. EXCLUSIVE: Lord Carey said the Church of England, w...