Sunday, December 27, 2009

Peter Hitchens on what we are losing.

Peter Hitchens reasonably asks: 'How much longer will it [Christmas] exist in the form we know today? I fear it won’t be much longer. Many of its traditions are visibly dying. Teachers complain that children don’t know the carols any more, because their parents don’t know them either.
At a couple of packed services during Advent (a season many haven’t heard of), I’ve noticed that large numbers of adults stand with their lips not moving during the singing of these simple, easily mastered songs.'


Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1238528/PETER-HITCHENS-How-long-small-boys-ask-A-church-What-s-Grandad.html#ixzz0aqAQbFQH

I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed. I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed.

Former archbishop George Carey backs assisted dying campaign after 'conversion'. EXCLUSIVE: Lord Carey said the Church of England, w...