Thursday, December 24, 2009

Nearly here.

Well Christmas is nearly upon us. I usually consider this the least spiritual time of the year.
I wonder how many people find Jesus over the Christmas period? I may be wrong but would guess that it is considerably fewer than at other times of the year.
Still.
Here is a thought. When I first went to a local Pentecostal Church where open prayer was de rigueur, there was a lovely old gent who tended to finish with the words:

"Thank you God for sending Jesus and thank you Jesus that you came."

He has been gone for decades now but these simple praises seem oh so appropriate at Christmas.
Please contrast with the lovely Christmas card on here!

I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed. I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed.

Former archbishop George Carey backs assisted dying campaign after 'conversion'. EXCLUSIVE: Lord Carey said the Church of England, w...