Thursday, December 03, 2009

Wind turbines - oh dear!

There are three wind turbines within a mile of my house. I drive past them on my way to Morrisons for the weekly shop.
For several years there were just the two, neatly tucked away in an industrial estate, where they were quite inoffensively and intelligently located.
The amount of times both were operating together was a conversation piece. Add the third and the 100% possibility became a true rarity.
For weeks now, all three have been turned off and the rotors are missing from one altogether.
This is not untypical. Whenever I drive past any turbines, a significant percentage are not functioning.
In the USA last spring, I saw huge wind farms on the tops of a great many hills. Seldom were even 50% in operation.
You may of course argue that the technology will improve over time - but let us be clear - wind as the solution to our energy problems is just hot air - a complete sidetrack!

I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed. I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed.

Former archbishop George Carey backs assisted dying campaign after 'conversion'. EXCLUSIVE: Lord Carey said the Church of England, w...